Friday, July 3, 2009

Post Topics

I feel bad that I haven't posted here in a while. There hasn't been a whole lot to babble about...oh sure, I could link to whatever I saw on YouTube any particular day, but that would get old in blog form. That's what sharing on Facebook is for. :P So I'm going to list some things that would be useful to post here other than Random Tuesday Music, seeing as how that was all I was doing for a while there.

Makeup - Oh, how I love makeup. You wouldn't know that from looking at me on any given day since I usually use neutral eyeshadows, etc. I don't consider myself educated enough in the cosmetics realm to give reviews, but there are plenty of blogs devoted to that sort of thing. What I can do is share products I like and occasionally swatch. One thing I'm working on is looking for dupes of shades in the Urban Decay Book of Shadows.

While we're at it, you can get 20% off all orders over $50 at Cherry Culture starting today through the 7th. :D They carry NYX, a brand that has quickly become one of my favorites, and they also carry the beautyblender...with the discount going on I'm seriously thinking about trying out that sponge.

Also, speaking of Urban Decay, their fall products just came out. I'd previously heard about Ink for Eyes and the new various primers (the pore-perfecting primer is tempting...but it's also $30, so I believe it can wait), they also have new colors of lipstick, lip pencil and deluxe eyeshadow. I'm going to have to check this out. Okay, enough about makeup, on with the list! :P

Short Films - I've started watching ImageMakers pretty regularly. I like short films mainly because the plot's out there and done in 10-15 minutes, which works well with my attention span. So I'll share and/or discuss ones I come across that I really like.

Video Games - I used to be a lot more into games than I am now, but it doesn't mean I like it less these days. The consoles I use the most are the DS, Wii and PS2 (in the case of the latter, I'll play Final Fantasy XII and a few different Taiko no Tatsujin games I have). I'm big on the Final Fantasy series for the most part, but I've only played through half of the games.

Sports - I normally write about them elsewhere, but it doesn't mean I can't do it here too. The sports I watch regularly are ice hockey and football, but I also watch a bunch of other stuff (i.e. baseball, fastpitch softball, men's tennis, golf, just about any Olympic event when that time rolls around).

Knitting - I did have a blog dedicated to that craft, but I do it so rarely now that perhaps I'm better off just lumping that in with everything else here. Hmm. Perhaps "arts & crafts" is more the topic. I do want to get into drawing and/or painting, so there you go.

No comments: