Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Random Tuesday Music: The Waiting



Artist: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Album: Hard Promises (1981)

Hi. It's been a while. I've been a bit occupied lately. This is actually a documentary clip talking about the song; see an actual video here. I have no real thoughts other than that this song's been stuck in my head all day. It was kind of hard to come up with songs just because I hadn't done this for a few weeks (though in my process of figuring out today's song I have two more ready to go for this month, yay). I had considered posting something from Electric Six's "Switzerland" for the sole purpose of posting a quote I just came across from this review of the album:

The more=better strategy can flop in practice, no matter how enticing hyperbolizing your art appears-- it's why so many "Family Guy" jokes tank or why no one listens to Michael Moore.

The review came up in my search for an image of one of their other album covers. I'm collecting octopus illustrations as reference for a little project I have going. I'm also pretty sure that the embedding is disabled for all Electric Six videos.

No comments: