Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Canadiens at Sharks, 3/3/08



I was at the game tonight. I picked this game back when tickets first went on sale for two reasons: it was close to my birthday, and this was the Sharks' first game back after a long road trip. As the date approached, I wondered if I should have picked the Ottawa game on the 5th instead...but given the way things turned out I'm happy I picked this one. This was one of the most exciting games I've attended. A few random notes:

-Since Montréal was in town, I was expecting the Canadian national anthem to be sung at least partially in French. That didn't happen, but the singer was from Moose Factory, so that was cool.

-I almost didn't see Thornton's PP goal. When he shot the puck the first time, the guy in front of me stood up and stayed up, as if that shot had gone in. I should point out that this guy was really eager to stand up.

-After Cheechoo's goal, some streamers shot out over my section, landing a few rows in front of me. I later learned that this is something Sharkie does, but this was the first time I was around for that.

-I didn't start walking out until after the Campbell interview was finished. Out of all the games I've attended this season--this would be the sixth--I cheered the most at this one. I will not sound good tomorrow.

-The Cheechoo and Campbell goals made the top play list on both On the Fly and SportsCenter. Cheechoo's goal ranked #1 and #7 respectively, while Campbell's ranked #3 and #4. Interesting.

No comments: