Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Makeup Madness: On Color and Lip Tars

Those who know me wouldn't necessarily know that I love playing with color. Sure, I wear all sorts of colors on my nails, but as far as the face goes, it ranges anywhere from just sunscreen to a sunscreen + tinted moisturizer + a lip product w/ SPF + full eye makeup depending on when I manage to get myself up. (I'm not a morning person and I usually rush to get ready for work.) The eyeshadow is almost always in the neutral family. Anyway, color. Love it. I just don't get much of a chance to use much of it, which is a shame. Over the weekend, I got around to something I'd been meaning to do for a while: blending OCC Lip Tars to create a custom color. I was excited and a little scared even though it's really just like mixing paint, which I've done many times. My first attempt was inspired by the San Jose Sharks' main color:



This is Rx mixed with Botanical...I'd say the mix is about 70/30. Please excuse the redness of my face. :P This was taken indoors with natural light, so the actual color's a little brighter than it is in the photo. If I'm ever brave enough to wear this to a Sharks game, I might add just a touch of Tarred to the mix so that it's not quite as bright and therefore more wearable...um...if one could make teal more wearable on the lips, that is.

No comments: